Thursday, June 23, 2011

Who we are

     With our crazy lives, we barely have time to talk with everyone.  I am currently off with the kids for the summer and have decided that this may be a neat way to let people know what we are up to.  I love reading all the blogs that some of my family have already started and being able to stay in touch. 
     Right now we are all adjusting to a new life here.  Our lives have all been going through some changes. 
     I have a job that I can be home with the kids during the summer, which I love, plus I am doing what I wanted to do ever since I was 5.  I got the call for an interview the day before we got married and started the next month. 
    Mark finally has a first shift job.  Ever since we got together 6 years ago, he has worked second shift.  I got use to it but most days I felt like a single mom with a weekend man.  He started this job at the end of May so we are still getting use to him being home at night.  He doesn't like that he is still in a factory, but lets face it, this day you can't be too picky.
     Our oldest son Xavier is now 10.  It is hard to believe that he is going to be starting middle school this fall.  He enjoys art, drawing, telling stories, and archery.  He is a great help around here, a great big brother, and always seems to put a smile on our faces.
     Ares is now 7, and is still keeping us on our toes.  He has his own way of doing things and that is final with him.  He will be going into the 2nd grade and enjoys telling jokes, playing wii and going to Granny Didey's.  Ares is a very independent boy but gives the biggest hugs when he wants to.
     Isaac is 5 and just recently came to live with us full time.  He has a great smile and loves to help in everything we do.  We are still learning everything that makes him tick, but love having him with us more than before.
     The biggest handful of all Marshall is 4.  He will be 5 next month.  He loves to keep us busy.  Every 5 minutes he will need something from one of us in the house.  Everything in his life is exciting, to him nothing is dull.   He loves baseball (softball when hes with Auntie Moni), terrorizing his brothers, and making new friends.
     Isaac and Marshall will both be off to Kindergarten in the fall which should be fun. 
     I have been trying to keep all these boys busy this summer and have come up with a few ideas that have worked.  Our project for today is sand art.  This should be fun!!!!
     Our lives are pretty calm right now but wait till fall.  My crazy, busy, never dull life will begin.

No comments: