Saturday, August 6, 2011

Phone Calls

The boys and I have been cleaning the house again.  The problem with summer is that we don't clean everyday, we enjoy our time together and forget the cleaning till it piles up on us.  So yesterday began the cleaning of the house.
 I got the computer area done.  This is the worst part in the house, but the smallest.  This area was set up for just me.  It is just a corner of the livingroom that I have everything I need for school, but now it has become an area to share.  Mark's uncle just gave us a desktop computer for the kids.  It has tons of games on it from when his daugters were younger, and now that they are older he gave it to the boys.  I just got it set up yesterday and they already love it.  I'm greatful they won't need to use mine for their games.
I also took the boys with me grocery shopping yesterday.  We had our cart so full that things kept falling out every time we turned a corner.  Some days I love taking them with me and some days I don't, but yesterday was a good day.  They all listened very well, and their weren't too many "I wants". 
This was all till my brother called.  I told them that it was Uncle and that I needed to talk to him so they needed to hang onto the cart and please be quiet.  No sooner did I say Hello and they decided to have a race up and down the isle, and scream as loud as they could.  I don't know what it is lately, but every time I answer a phone call they start yelling, screaming, fighting or need me.  I can get a text or read my emails and they don't do this, it is only when I answer a phone call. After that I am searching for ways to teach them to be respectful to those on the phone.  I haven't found anything yet, but I will let you know when I do.

No one is perfect - that's why pencils have erasers.
Author Unknown
 

No comments: