Monday, August 15, 2011

Ups And Downs

We have had too many things going on lately for me to figure out what to write about. 
I will be returning to work this week.  I am looking forward to it, even though a babysitter is needed for the first 2 weeks. 
My cousin is going to watch them during this time.  The boys are going to have a blast at the horse ranch.  Usually she comes to our house to watch them, but this time, my traveling for work will take me right past there, so now they get to experience the farm life. 
I grew up on a horse ranch for the first part of my life.  Though then was different than now.  I don't remember taking care of the horses, except when we wanted to help or we wanted to ride.  I remember my dad, grandpa and uncles taking care of everything horse related.  They were all a lot younger then and were able to all get along.  Lately their bodies are able to do all the work and they all seem to argue a lot more.  My 2 cousins that still live out there are 17 and 13.  These 2 do everything that is asked of them without much fuss.  The work that these 2 do would put quit a few people I know to shame.  Now on top of it all they are taking on 3 boys for the week. 
Our lives here have been packed full of ups and downs from the beginning and they have shown no sign of ending.  We have a few new chapters in our lives that will be starting soon.  We are both excited and a little scared, but we know that we have each other and can gt through them with a smile on our face and very little pain.  These new chapters may all have something positive come out of them, but we may be the only ones to see them right now.
 

No comments: