Monday, June 18, 2012

The start of a new adventure!

This past week or so has been busy.  Since my last post, I have gotten Xavier and Isaac into their room, all the kids toys have now been divided between the 2 rooms and the kids couldn't be happier.  I got the living room primed and carpet tacked down.  And the kitchen has been primed and ready for paint.


The kid's bathroom and laundry are all painted and look great.


The blue I used on the walls looks white in bright light, but has that light blue feeling which I just love.
For Father's Day weekend, we went to the Truck and Tractor pulls on Friday.  The kids had a blast cheering on any John Deere tractors they could find.  For Saturday, Xavier, Ares, Marshall, and I headed up to The Willow for a fun day of visiting with the Emmerich clan.  When we got home, Mark and I were going to have a night out, Mark left first, but was rained out before I got the chance to leave (there is always next weekend).  Sunday was a cleaning day for me.  It is so hard to clean this place with all the work being done.  We live in here, but with somethings not done yet, it feels like when I clean, that it truly isn't clean. 
Our newest adventure begins today.  I got a job at Plastics!  I was lucky enough to get first shift, but to this family, it is going to be rough.  I have never had a Full-time job before.  All the jobs that I have had are part-time due to the hours that I was needed home with the boys.  This is going to be a grand adventure to say the least.  The boys don't seem to mind yet, they get to go spend time out at the ranch until I can find Daycare in town. 
List of things to do this week:
  • Have fun at my new job.
  • Find in town Daycare
  • Get the garage sale coordinated with the girls
  • Start work on our room (the couch isn't comfy anymore)
  • Get a door on the bathroom (the curtain lets light through and woke Marshall up at 4:45 this morning)

No comments: