Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Weekends

Well this weekend was great.  I just love family weekends. 
We went to my mother's for a cookout and fire Saturday night.  It was great visiting with my brother and sister.  I loved playing with my niece the most.  With all these boys in the house I have to get my girlie fix every now and then. 
These boys just loved this pink barbie car that my niece had. 

We even got Mark to have a little fun with the croquet set.

I think all this was too much for Ares.  He spent an hour in the sandbox just digging.

My boys fight all the time and from what my brother says his two kids do too, but that night all 5 of the boys where content listening to a 2 year old little girl.  It was fun to watch, they would ask her what the rules where and if it was their turn. 

I finally got a picture of my sister without her knowing.  She tried getting me back and was disappointed when I looked at the camera and smiled.  This was the first time that she had tried getting a pic of me and didn't realize that I don't have a problem with a camera anymore.  Once my mother figured that out, she had the camera pointed at me every time I turned around.

Sunday was a lazy day around the house with us and the kids.  We all seemed to need the break from all the going. 
The storm at 2:00 this morning woke Mark and I up.  It was nice to lay there and listen to a great summer storm.  What a great way to end the weekend. 
Now we need to buckle down on the to-do-lists.

I don't have a project to post but I do have a recipe that the kids have been making for all the gatherings we have been going to.  It is so easy that Xavier was able to read the recipe and make them all on his own.

Revolutionary Berries
Ingredients:
12 ounces white chocolate chips
Strawberries
Colored sugar

Instructions:
1. Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave according to the package directions.  Make sure the container and the berries are dry; even a little moisture will alter the texture of the candy.
2. One at a time, dip strawberries into the chocolate and then into the colored sugar.
3. Set them to harden on waxed paper.
4. Can put in freezer for a Popsicle type treat or just in the fridge to keep chilled till ready to use.

No comments: