Friday, July 8, 2011

Planning

For anyone that knows me, my life is so crazy that I plan everything way ahead of time.  For some reason I have let this summer get lazy.  I think I needed it. 
With Marshall's birthday fast approaching I have a lot of things to get done that I haven't even begun to do.  Yesterday the boys and I made snake invites.  They were fun but in the end I ended up completing them.  Xavier was the only one to complete his job.

Friendly Snake
Materials:
Construction Paper
Scissors
Pencil
Googly Eyes
Red ribbon
Glue

Instructions:
1. Fold full piece of construction paper in half(lengthwise for skinny snake, width wise for fat snake), then draw a curvy snake shape next to the fold. 
2. Cut out the snake, leaving the fold uncut in at least two places.
3. Add googly eyes and glue on a ribbon tongue. 
4. Write your message inside.

Now today we will go deliver them.
I also got my pond done thanks to my mother and her seemingly endless supply of flowers.  The boys helped me build my brick wall yesterday and then I was able to put in the flowers from my mothers.  It doesn't look like much now, but will fill in by next summer.


Hopefully I can pick back up on my planning by next month.  I have to go back to work and classes all start in the middle of August.  Like everyone knows "I'm not happy unless I'm running crazy."  I am so ready for my life to get back to normal.  When we were younger we loved the lazy days of summer, but now that I'm older I don't want them. though the boys love them.  I hate trying to stay busy when they want to be lazy.

No comments: